Subject: RE: UKNM: payment problems
From: Jo Chipchase
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:13:25 +0100

Nikki Pilkington wrote:
>Didn't someone else onthe list have problems with this company ? Was it Jo?

Yes. It was. They didn't pay me for two features written last year, after
breaching another publisher's copyright when they erroneously printed a
feature concerning webcams sent as a sample of my work.

I eventually had a CCJ issued by Brighton County Court - but to no
avail. It turned out that the publisher had changed its comany name from
Expogroup to Global Media Technology, presumably to avoid debt recovery
actions.

If the Press Gazette is running a feature, I think that can't be a bad
thing.

>Anywa, I have asked them a million times to take me off their telephone
list
>but every couple of days i get a call from them trying to sell me
>advertising

Jo.

Global
>Media Technology ne Expo Group), or know people who have had payment
>problems with this company, you might like to call The Press Gazette on the
>double. I'm told they're doing a feature this week so please call on
>Tuesday.
>
>The best number to use is 020 8565 4467. Ask for Ruth Addicott.
>

>mary.

Can-U-Hack-It
Internet, editorial & publicity services
* www.canuhackit.net * www.ukpress.org *