Subject: UKNM: Online retail pays no attention to detail.
From: Rachel Kittridge
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:48:38 +0100

I have to say I have had a right old internet spending frenzy lately and
here I am fresh back from a fab holiday in the South of France still reeling
from "e-commrage".
I attempted to book a flight for four to Nice through e bookers but found
that in order to get the cheaper of the advertised prices that I had to book
2 flights as every time I tried to book four together I was told that there
weren't four seats on the flight. Funny that,I thought as I checked with
British Midland and their were loads of seats. Anyway after going back to e
bookers and booking two more seats on the identical flight I was pleased
with myself for conquering the system. SCORE 5/10
Next step was the hotel, this was not too difficult, through business
riviera I was able to select and book a quality hotel with sea view rooms
for four.
SCORE 9/10
Car Hire was long winded but I managed to arrange a car for collection at
the airport at a competitive price through Hertz.
7/10
Insurance was simple through cgu, a bit cheaper than the high street and
scarily easy to arrange.
9/10

So it looks good so far doesn't it? FULFILLMENT?

*Hertz had no record of my booking at Nice airport and I had to complete
everything again. Just lucky they had a spare car I guess!
*The hotel rooms had been given away at 4pm as a no show even though I gave
my arrival time as 8pm and arrived at 8pm. Sent to the camp site down the
road.
*I never recieved any insurance documents at all so for all I know we could
have broken our necks and not been covered.

Thing is,I am ready to shop online but is anyone ready to serve?
My advice is only to book holidays if you are prepared for stress and
disappointment, I've had more relaxing times at the dentist thanks!
Rachel Kittridge
rachelkatgenclick [dot] co [dot] uk