Subject: UKNM: share trading sites
From: aajgray
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:03:46 +0100

Hoping this question is not misplaced. I recently signed up to
www.sharepeople.com primarily because of the attractive intro interest rate
they were offering on funds held in their trading accounts.

When I went to place my first trade, I realised that there are only two buy
options available: the first allowed shares to be purchased at 'best rate'
i.e. the current ask price when the trade is placed. The second allowed me
to set a price 'fill or kill' i.e. if there were no sellers at the price I
set, the buy order is cancelled.

Problem with both of these options is that I can't set a price below the
current ask with the expectation that the market will track down towards my
price. 'Fill or kill' will cancel the order and I effectively need to stay
online and re-enter the order as the market tracks down.

The upshot is that sharepeople.com does not actually support what the
sharemarket is all about: buyers and sellers meeting at mutually acceptable
prices.

Does anyone know of a UK/ US market share-trading site that will accept a
buy price at below the ask and hold the order (for 7 days perhaps) until a
trade takes place (or I cancel the order)?

Cheers,

rouge trader

talk21 your FREE portable and private address on the net at
http://www.talk21.com