Subject: Re: UKNM: Search Engines
From: David Mill
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:30:12 +0100

If this helps. at MediaCo, we believe the most successful strategy for
Search Engines and Directories is to always submit manually to the top
sites.

This avoids the danger of Search Engines "seeing" a software submission as
"spamming" and allows individual submissions to be tailored as required.

In the case of Directories, tailored submissions are, in our view,
essential and require hand-crafted methodology.

For our part, we do also employ a software solution for targeted submission
to numerous lower-level search and directory sites. But this is tried and
tested, can result in the delivery of further quality traffic and can help
boost the site's "link popularity".

With regard to "link popularity", as you may know, search engines are
giving more "weight" to sites that are linked to from others in their
catalogues. The only successful way of becoming very "popular" is through
an Affiliate Link campaign. That is through the ongoing identification of
relevant/symbiotic sites and discussion with site owners regarding links
(often reciprocal).

David

David Mill
Managing Director
MediaCo (uk)
www.media.co.uk

Phone: 0870 7084949
Fax: 0870 7084950

CLICK for a free call back:
http://www.media.co.uk/freecall/

CLICK to receive the MediaCo Newsletter:
http://www.media.co.uk/mediaco_htm/newsletter.htm

Be Seen, Be Found, Be Creative

The biggest, best Chinwag Networking party...ever...
**27th September 2000** put it in your diaries now
RSVP to http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/party.shtml
To sponsor the event email spareanychangeatchinwag [dot] com

generously supported by...
*** DoubleClick *** http://www.doubleclick.net
The leading provider of comprehensive global Internet
advertising solutions for marketers and Web publishers.