Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: Institute of Direct Marketing UKNM Digest V1 #660
From: Ruth Stone
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 15:10:34 +0100

Hi Sarah

I am sorry to hear that the CIM disappoints.

As far as the IDM is concerned, as Will said earlier, there are a wealth of
course either covering some aspect of e-marketing or devoted to it in their
entirety. Anybody wanting to chekc them out should visit www.theidm.com.

The site itself is not all the IDM wants it to be and it softlaunches later
in the year at the same address as a portal so it you're not overly
impressed at you first visit do go back around mid November and it should be
getting there.

Our own diploma has carried a module devoted to e-marketing for over a year
and prior to that it was aprt and parcel of the syllabus for some time.

Also, in addition to the courses already on offer the IDM is about to pilot
the one-day course "The absolute Essentials of E-marketing" and a
professional qualification in e-marketing.

Perhaps Sarah you might consider these alongside your CIM qualifications.

Ruth

>From: "sarah simonds" <slpsimondsathotmail [dot] com>
>To: uk-netmarketingatmail [dot] chinwag [dot] com
>Subject: UKNM: Re: Institute of Direct Marketing UKNM Digest V1 #660
>Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:28:20 GMT
>
>Ruth
>this is a relief to hear, since I'm dismayed that the Chartered Institute
>of
>Marketing are in denial. Net marketing doen't seem to be addressed at all
>in the syllabus for even their most advanced course. The PostGrad Diploma
>set text, for Integrated Marketing Communications, has not a mention of the
>internet, let alone e-mail for marketing. How long will it take them to
>catch up, d'you reckon? As a web-marketing bod and CIM student, I feel like
>a pariah.
>
>Sarah Simonds
>GAIN Development Officer
>s [dot] simondsatcs [dot] ucl [dot] ac [dot] uk

[Sam says: msg choped]

The biggest, best Chinwag Networking party...ever...
**27th September 2000** put it in your diaries now
RSVP to http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/party.shtml
To sponsor the event email spareanychangeatchinwag [dot] com

generously supported by...
*** DoubleClick *** http://www.doubleclick.net
The leading provider of comprehensive global Internet
advertising solutions for marketers and Web publishers.