Subject: Re: resolution
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 04:48:58 +0100

Hi Xico,

>> my animation on flash I exported in to swf format, but the resolution
>> once I played it�s awful, (the images i used in the animation are
>> gif at 150 dpi)

Dave's comments about bringing in bitmap type images at the size they
are going to be used and maintaining that size in the .swf on export to
the HTML page are quite correct.

Since you haven't supplied a URL, I can only speculate, but it is very
likely that your graphics should be redrawn as vector graphics. Bitmap
type images in Flash should be limited to photographic type images and
items with texture that don't convert to compact vector images. The fact
that you are importing in GIF format, which is limited to a maximum of
256 colors, indicates that your images might appear better after being
redrawn as vector graphics.