Subject: Re: thank you (buttons)
From: Marcantonio Magnarapa
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 11:20:46 +0100

Colin,

At 10.04 02/04/98 -0500, you wrote:

>The ability to change the parent symbol of a specific symbol instance.
>(eg. I make a symbol called "A", then place it in my timeline. Later I

That would be great. As you know, I'm a flash beginner: and I instantly
loved flash when I got to know it, that was a few days ago. However, it is
still far from being complete and flexible. The shortcomings are many.
Macromedia is doing great things about flash and its new release sure has
introduced many new features.

I have seen some Shockwave Flash animations that are a lot more interactive
and seem to support some scripting (e.g., the IBM banner ad). What tool am
I supposed to use to obtain such interactivity?
Director perhaps? I don't know Macromedia products at all.

The ad I saw allowed the user to drag and drop objects, and there must be
some kind of programming language behind.

I also got the Fireworks trial and, if you have some spare time, I suggest
that you take a look at it.

Thank you,
Marcantonio