Subject: Re: Flash and PGML
From: chris thorpe
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 18:05:24 +0100

Always nice to see people with a realistic grasp of how elections work and
how votes cast in elections can be used to gain the opinion of a population
you wish to study... where can I cast my block vote of 400

>I liked the poll so much I voted twice (my votes are secret so don't
>ask

Why oh why does the Internet community wish so much to be perceived as a
true democracy when all voting on it consists of poles of opinions who vote
many times for their preferred camp... what is the point in giving us
statistics with such a low sample size which you've tainted by voting in
more than once.....

PGML sounds wonderful, when there are tools as good as Flash to produce the
code. Flash is wonderful as it is cross browser and it will be a good two
years before that happens.. the best thing for Macromedia to do at the
moment is to start developing a Dreamweaver for PGML and for all of us to
carry on using Flash until there is a big enough momentum in terms of
audience capable of viewing it rather than running round polling people on
a level as sophisticated as asking about their favourite colour

chris