Subject: Re: Suggestion: On how to reduce file size.
From: Shawn Anderson
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 18:37:17 +0100

It's pretty obvious that Espen's address has a typo, so there's no need to
go postal. (The wrong address even tells you it's a typo)

You can tell by looking at the address it was meant to be geocities, the
largest collection of personal sites on the net. So the link should be:

http://www.geocities.com/tokyo/5358

At 11:47 AM 4/17/98 -0400, Ray Wood wrote:
>To whom ever you are,
>
>I'm not sure if you did this intenionally or not
>but I really don't appreciate being spammed.
>The link you put in your e-mail leads to an ad
>banner site. Not only is it ugly and disgusting to look
>at, it is also a major waste of my time. In future,
>please enter the correct site or don't bother
>at all.
>
>Ray Wood
>Art Director
>Scroll
>Behaviour Online
>http://www.behaviour.com/scroll
>

>At 04:00 PM 4/17/98 +0200, you wrote:
>>Kumusta Everyone !
>>
>>I have currently finishing work on a site ( non commercial ) and for
>>navigational purpose I have chosen to use Flash. As a rule of thumb I
>>have tried to keep all files small, less than 20K. And I have almost
>>succeeded, 3 html pages is greater than 20K. But my navigation menu is
>>
>>my main concern, this file is 29.8K.
>>When using a T1 line as I do ? this is no problem. But since I
>>will add some more sub menus ? the file will grow to more than 30K, and
>>this is what I am trying to avoid. Does anyone have any suggestion on
>>how to achieve this? - Any comments are welcome !
>>
>>I have with great luck used Fireworks. Before I used
>>Adobe Photoshop 3.0. But I found out that if I scanned
>>an image and saved it to a .tif format I could then use it direct from
>>Fireworks ? and by doing so, the files become smaller than if i went via
>>
>>Adobe Pothoshop.
>>
>>An other example on how I have used macromedia products successfully is
>>for my banner. Originally I created an image using Adobe Photoshop -
>>610 * 80 pixels, and the size ended at 9K. Hmmm... small I thought -
>>WRONG !
>>I decided on trying to create the same image using Flash ? 610 * 80
>>pixels. BINGO...new size = 3K
>>
>>You can look at the result at:
>>
>>http://www.gecities.com/tokyo/5358

>>Best Regards,
>>Espen F. Hansen
>>Visayan Travel Kit
>>visayantravelkitatyahoo [dot] com (mailto:visayantravelkitatyahoo [dot] com)
>>For info on digest mode send: info flasher to list-manageratshocker [dot] com

end

S h a w n D . A n d e r s o n
sandersonatreal [dot] com (mailto:sandersonatreal [dot] com)