Subject: Suggestion: On how to reduce file size.
From: Espen Hansen
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 14:57:54 +0100

Kumusta Everyone !

I have currently finishing work on a site ( non commercial ) and for
navigational purpose I have chosen to use Flash. As a rule of thumb I
have tried to keep all files small, less than 20K. And I have almost
succeeded, 3 html pages is greater than 20K. But my navigation menu is

my main concern, this file is 29.8K.
When using a T1 line as I do ? this is no problem. But since I
will add some more sub menus ? the file will grow to more than 30K, and
this is what I am trying to avoid. Does anyone have any suggestion on
how to achieve this? - Any comments are welcome !

I have with great luck used Fireworks. Before I used
Adobe Photoshop 3.0. But I found out that if I scanned
an image and saved it to a .tif format I could then use it direct from
Fireworks ? and by doing so, the files become smaller than if i went via

Adobe Pothoshop.

An other example on how I have used macromedia products successfully is
for my banner. Originally I created an image using Adobe Photoshop -
610 * 80 pixels, and the size ended at 9K. Hmmm... small I thought -
WRONG !
I decided on trying to create the same image using Flash ? 610 * 80
pixels. BINGO...new size = 3K

You can look at the result at:

http://www.gecities.com/tokyo/5358

Best Regards,
Espen F. Hansen
Visayan Travel Kit
visayantravelkitatyahoo [dot] com (mailto:visayantravelkitatyahoo [dot] com)