Subject: Re: An emergency - my life depends on it!
From: John Dowdell
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:31:46 +0100

At 10:43 AM 4/20/98, Jonathan Baldwin wrote, in part:
>It turns out the problem lies in the fact that the first-version site
>went up today for testing (very basic, hardly an award winner!) but
>everyone leapt at the chance of seeing it and was greeted with a message
>saying they didn't have the required plug-in.

Other folks subsequently posted that they saw your site normally... did all
work out on your end there, Jonathan? Is all right now?

I imagine you've read by now that the Netscape plugin name has a different
identifier in the 3.0 version, and so you'd check for MIME type rather than
plugin name... not sure if that was the core of the difference there.

(If it's not resolved yet, then have you narrowed in on the shared
technical question yet?)

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Search DIRECT-L: http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/director/digest/