Subject: RE: Fly In The Ear - was RE: Flash 3 -- HOW MUCH?
From: John Dowdell
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:31:48 +0100

At 1:56 PM 4/17/98, Jim Beck wrote:
>Although I am an extremely joyous and dedicated XARA user, I recently
>purchased Freehand 8 strictly for it's ability to blend/morph and export to
>Flash 2. I am wondering if there will be a patch/upgrade so FH8 will also
>be able to export to Flash 3, although from everything I am reading, we will
>not need to use a full-blown drawing program as often as before. What's the
>story for FH8/Flash 3 export/import/compatibility?

Flash 3 will read Flash 2 files just fine, and so all the precision artwork
you can create in FreeHand will come into the new version of Flash same as
before.

The drawing approaches complement each other well. If you *do* happen to
find any difference at all in a FreeHand-generated SWF between Flash 2 and
Flash 3 then we'd want to hear of it immediately in the betabugs address,
thanks.

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Search DIRECT-L: http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/director/digest/