Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash backwards......
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 19:22:42 +0100

At 12:52 PM 4/25/99 +0400, you wrote:
>Hiyya All,
>
>Is there a sensible way to convince a client that what u see in flash is not
>what u can get otherwise....

Hi Sam.

This of course is a general professional issue. I don't believe you can
convince anyone of anything, so just make your case as a professional --
that is, give the client the information you have about different web
formats, and let go of making their decision about which route to go.
Decide what sort of work you're able and willing to do, how much time it
will take, and how much you want to earn per hour, then give them a quote
and let go of making their decision about whether to hire you. This is easy
advice to give, and hard to follow especially if you need the work badly.

Among the information to give them is the Flash white papers at Macromedia.
But don't expect people to make rational decisions. I guess if I were in
the situation, I'd try to figure out why the decision-maker was attached to
that particular decision. No point going head-to-head with a control freak,
for example, but you might want to woo them a bit, show respect for their
opinion, and see if they get more flexible. Bottom line, though, is that
you can't make their decision for them.

Good luck.

Marc Hoffman