Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash backwards......
From: mdundon
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 00:32:27 +0100

>Hey thanx Marc,
>
>Well the probs here was the fact that their particular website was not
>catching up in the dearch engines... I have been searching around for a way
>to get by it but....
>
>I used frames and still no work.... I had already made their site in flash,
>it won 20 odd awards over 6 months... now, because it is not catching up on
>search engines, they feel no text on them is causing it....

I've been seeing a whole lot of creative ways to get around
that problem...Most of us use a splash page which is
built in pure HTML which uses the companies keywords
as many times as is humanly possible...and gives the opportunity
to go get the flash plug-in...This allows the search engines
to see a page with all your keywords.

Also have heard of putting your text in at the bottom of the page
the same color as the background....but the crawlers are now
ignoring anything that has the same color as the background...
so we fake it out by simply inserting a tiny background image
of the same color as the text.

The third way was used by a friend of mine recently to get around
the flash no read problem by simply putting up a separate site
for a week before we launched the official site...which was just
a capture page with every possible combination of our metatags
and key words...he's done this on a few sites now with great
success...you just submit to all the search engines and then
put the site up...

hope some of those helped
md dundon
flash411