Subject: RE: FLASH: Help in Flash 5 beta
From: JGL
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 19:00:17 +0100

Much kinder than I would have expected Matt!

Obviously dealing with one who doesn't know better about what a 'not
released software program' is all about.

Since some feel I probably think otherwise - I should state - for the
record:

I myself totally appreciate Macromedia's efforts at steering the web toward
the inevitable future it is becoming. And giving us the tools to make it
happen and IMO, affordably! Although the situation with director/generator
is outta my league as a self employed home worker coupled with not owning or
caring to own and maintain my own server.

Flash is GREAT! I would be the first to notify you of pirated use of this
highly valuable software that has enhanced my enthusiasm regarding punching
keys, drawing on a computer tablet, scanning images, setting up e-commerce
(you get the idea) - the boring tasks us web developers do day in and day
out.

I truly have the exact same interest as Macromedians (employees) toward the
success of this great and wonderful company! And even though my (our)
opinions don't appear to count - I know they do.

My opinions (how MM does business) to this list are at best echoed by a few
and are meant to be constructive. I am by no means bashing MM - even though
I may be falsley understood that way. It's not true!

A heartfelt thanks and a wish that I had made it to FF2kNY - next year
though!

With good thoughts that MM continues to be successful . . .
jgl