Subject: transparent flash movie
From: Marko Z
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 22:33:18 GMT

hi there all.

i'm working on a project where I'd like to be able to take advantage of
the transparent flash movie within dhtml in IE4 on a PC with the
"special" active x control. i've looked in every obvious place on the
web and found the correct code (wmode) and an explanation of how great
the feature is (dhtmlzone.com) but nowhere does anyone say how it works
within flash.

what i want to know is how the browser selects a transparent color from
the .swf file, or more importantly, do all i have to is select a solid
color background from my modify movie menu, and IE4'll take care of the
rest, is it based on the first pixel like gif animation?

anyone who has experience doing this, or anyone at macromedia who might
know, i would just like to know what's going to happen before I send the
file to my programmer so I can be sure that i've done my part.

thanks a ton for any info out there.

marko z muellner