Subject: Re: IE4 problems (again!)
From: John Dowdell
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 21:31:40 GMT

At 6:44 AM 2/22/98, Jonathan Baldwin wrote:
>Oh dear oh dear. Although using IE4 on a Mac I can see other people's
>Flash files, I can't view my own creations on my hard disk. Does anyone
>know a good explanation for this?

You'll see this in both IE3/Mac and IE4/Mac, with a variety of embedded
content. When you serve the files they'll appear as in other browsers. It's
local embedded content that acts differently in that one particular browser
brand/platform combination.

(I was hoping that this difference would change in IE4/Mac myself. I'm not
sure whether Microsoft maintains wishlist accounts to reach product
managers, but "let us use local content like other browsers do!" would be a
good candidate for a grassroots campaign.... ;)

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Search DIRECT-L: http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/director/digest/
Online savvy: http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=netiquette