Subject: Re: mimic
From: Diego Maya
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 23:54:01 GMT

Dear Cristian:
I agree with what you said about the site I created, in fact, I sent an
e-mail to Gabo giving him my opinion of his masterpiece. On the other hand,
modeling my work and using some of his ideas on what I am doing is not
"stealing of flow" I would say is more of an inspiration. And to add to it,
if I would be Gabo, I would be more than flattered to see people trying to
be as good as he is. Before making your statement, did you think about the
audience I am trying to address? Did you think of the purpose behind the
work?
In essence, what I understand from your message is that if a kid in a school
basketball game tries to immitate a Michael Jordan move, he is "stealing"
Jordan's "flow?"

Diego