Subject: Re: FLASH: importing animated gifs
From: John Croteau
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 01:59:53 GMT

Hi Bob,

> I am using "object insert" to import an animated gif but only see (in
> the workspace) the gif icon and when trying to see the animation in the
> scene, get nothing.
If you are referring to
Edit > Insert Object this is used to create an OLE link between Flash
and another program so you can make changes in the Linked program and
reflect them in Flash. The OLE linking can not be exported. But you can
cut the link using Modify > Break Apart. This will make the graphic
available for editting in Flash and allow you to export that graphic in
the Flash swf file.

As Death pointed out the normal way to bring in a graphic is File >
Import.