Subject: RE: FLASH: Selfish (Sidenote)
From: Branden Hall
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 22:57:53 GMT

This is the real world.
Try to break into any technical field that does not have a standard exam...
you will find a similar set of circumstances.
You make yourself better by pushing yourself. I got where I am not by
showing real world examples of Flash work... I wrote games and little demos
(which is still a great love of mine!) Start building a portfolio. By
writing Pong on a spare computer while waiting for my interview is how I
really nailed my job at Fig Leaf. Be creative and keep trying to figure
things out on your own. I learned actionscript on my own by weighing my
programming experience against the basic docs I got when I was beta testing
F4.
The reason people may seem selfish is because this is business, and right
now Flash is hotter than hell... I get at least 3 job offers every month.
People want to keep that kind of marketability to themselves and not
saturate the market.

-= Branden J. Hall
-= Multimedia Developer/Instructor
-= Fig Leaf Software