Subject: Re: [flasher] working with lists
From: Helen Triolo
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:24:49 -0000

Scott,

I can't think of an easy way to do this, but since I haven't seen any
other responses, I'll take a stab (no fla or tutorial though, sorry).
The best way to do your display list is probably with an array of
checkbox movieclips. A built-in checkbox smartclip comes with Flash 5
-- just find it in common libraries and drag a copy to the stage.
Right-click it and choose panels|clip parameters to see the properties
and methods available for the smartclip. You could use duplicateMovie
to make as many copies of that clip as you need at runtime, and use a
blank controller movieclip with code that checks to see which clips are
checked. For the output list, I'd use a blank textfield in a movieclip
as the base and use duplicateMovie to make copies of the checked items
in your input list. I'll stop there in case someone has thought of a
much easier way to do this ;-) but if not, maybe that's enough to get
you started?

Regards,
Helen
1241 Flash Answers from 424 people: http://i-technica.com/flashlist