Subject: First Time Project: Flash in Director
From: Ian Richardson
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:19:19 -0000

I am starting out on my first project in Director..(god help me!!!!)

Can i firstly start be thanking the list in advance for all help and
direction, by the end of the next few weeks you'll be sick of my
questions....

I am building a flash based calculator style programme that the user will
enter 8 variables into.. the calculator then takes these variables and
calculates the these against a set of set variables stored within an
external file. to produce a result which will show an overall result (
ideally a saving when based on the variable entered) Sound simple
enough(!!!)

This file will be accessed via director opened and ran (or at least that my
plan)

My question(s) are :

Can anyone see any potential problems about running the flash swf and
external data within director?

Are there any things i need to take into consideration before starting?

As i see it the runing schedule will be as follows:

Director start via .exe file
this launches a 20 second intro
main screen launches.

user has three options: