Subject: menu variable problem (and fade glitch)
From: Michael Dunn
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:38:05 -0000

Hi everyone.

I've got a navigation system I am working on, but I have a problem. I want
it to be very simple, so I have a single button which, on rollover, expands
a series of buttons. If you click the first one (the only working right now)
it opens the submenu and that original button becomes the button to open the
menu again. However, I can't set it so that it doesn't open immediately.

I'm sure this is confusing, so go to http://www.reydo.com/flashnav3.html and
see what I mean. If you mouse over the circle, about 6 circles become
visible. If you click the first one which says MOVIES, the submenu appears
but then the main menu immediately opens over it. Can I set up a variable
that will say that once that button has been rolled off it will be able to
call the main menu again? I've tried this, but could never get it to work.
If you want to see the fla file, email me off list.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Dunn
michaelatreydo [dot] com

P.S. The movie clip that fades the submenu when the main menu opens over it
doesn't match the background. It is a tween from 0% alpha to no effect where
the color matches the background, but it is very choppy and visible. Any
clue why this happens. It's only noticeable on brighter monitors.