Subject: Re: FLASH: FLASH : getting a bit confused !
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 01:56:20 GMT

At 02:21 AM 1/2/99 +0100, you wrote:

> Am I correct in assuming that it is best, and most efficient to have as
> littlle as possible "tweening" in the main timeline (be it shape or motion)
> ?
> I am lead to believe that all-or most- tweenig must happen in MC's .

Hi Ben.

I would not necessarily say that. Where the animation is nested should make no
difference to smoothness. The use of MC's is useful, however, for organizing
different actions, allowing them to "talk" to each other (via TellTarget
commands), and keeping the main timeline more orderly. Also, by enclosing
animations in mc's, you then have the ability to reuse them, scale them, tween
the clip across the stage, plant the mc in a button state, and/or apply a color
effect to the mc.

Marc Hoffman