Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash - barrier to entry?
From: Susie Hinchliffe
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 11:41:26 GMT

hi Paul
Wired have articles relating to this (maybe try starting with
http://www.wired.com/news/news/technology/story/12836.html which includes
MM's figures on Flash downloads).

i'm new to the list too so wanted to say hi, you folks sound lovely, and
happy new year - and pretty new to Flash, but surely if the client wanted an
animated menu, and Aftershock can build an animated gif alternative to the
flash movie in the event of no plug-in, this shouldn't have been a major
problem. i haven't seen an A.gif alternative in action though. I may well
be talking out of my bottom. Does anyone know how well it works?

Suse