Subject: Re: FLASH: animate line on a curve
From: Byron Canfield
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 16:08:33 GMT

There are basically two ways to do this. Neither of them, however, involves
shape-tweening a line, which works predictably only with straight lines.

One way involves creating essentially single frame animation by starting
with a keyframe containing the whole finished line, adding keyframes,
erasing a bit of the line, and adding more keyframes and erasing. Then
reverse the order of the frames.

Another involves using a mask layer to reveal only portions of the line at
a time.

You can see a simple demo of these two methods at:
http://www.canfieldstudios.com/flash3/maskeras/index.html (link available
for downloading zipped FLA source).