Subject: Re: FLASH: A word about tutorials
From: David Gary
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 17:25:20 GMT

What the?!

I cant believe so much energy is put into analyzing some cat's quest on how quik one
can learn Flash.
I had, maybe, 2 responses on how a professional designer can sell this new
technology and I get
almost 20 crap posts on "a word about tutorials" that had nothing to do with Flash
tutorials, but instead
insisted on analyzing some guys views on how to learn Flash3 software! Is there a
professional list I can subscribe to.

Maybe we do need to split this list for the professional interactive designer and
the journalist who wants to be a flasher. No insult to the gentleman who wants to
learn flash, but im deleting over a hundred posts a day that are
basic flash fundamentals or science majors that want to be animators. Is there any
_true_ professional developers list or group
of professional designers that I can subscribe to that discuss the industry itself,
techniques and layouts on business plans to "sell" this technology.

Again, Im not here to insult anyone, and I dont mind helping the newcomer artist or
designer thats wants to use flash as a creative medium, but the bottom line is, Im
not interested in helping people who just want to "mess around" or diddle with
Flash. I am more interested in helping those that come from a experienced background
in design, layout, traditional illustration,
animation etc. learn a new powerful tool and overall drive this industry.

And I would also like to be able to recieve information and interact with the
professionals driving this industry.

I thought this was a professional developer's list, not a, "Hi ima retail clerk and
just got me a puter, this flash stuffs cool,
hey can you learn me"?!!

Does anyone agree?

-DG-