Subject: Re:MIME (was: FLASH: Flash without a border?)
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 23:38:46 GMT

>Another question regarding flash... when I put this same page and .swf
>on my domain account, i had an error message. It said: "This page
>contains information of text/plain and can only be seen with the
>appricate plug in" and it also had the missing plugin symbol. BUT i do
>have the plug in as it works fine from my earthlink account. Whats
>going on??? is it something to do with teh MIME settings on my domain
>server??

Hi Davinder.

You can check the MIME yourself, very easily. Go to
http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/mimetype_check.htm for
instructions.

If you post your URL we can have a look at it. But if you suspect the MIME
is not set, please notify the list of that fact, since not everyone has
time for their browser to crash.

Marc Hoffman