Subject: Re: FLASH: FS Command to maximise browser flash window
From: Markki Piho
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 07:17:49 GMT

>Someone correct me if Im wrong but I do not believe Netscpe supports full
>screen without an addon that most people will not have. I have opened IE
>browsers full screen as above using javascrip yes, but did not work on
>Netscape.
>
>Daniel

Hi Daniel,

You are absolutely right- Netscape doesn't support fullscreen, but this
command is only needed for IE5 (for me the purpose is to make the back
button disappear and to maximize the area for Flash movie), which doesn't
open a new window by default in the same size as parent window (I would be
very happy if someone can give me an advice how to force IE4/5 to open a new
window at maximum size or at least the same as parent window without hiding
start menu). At N, the only things that separates the window, opened by this
way, from fullscreen, are start menu and window title.

Markki