Subject: Re: FLASH: Help with the wishlist
From: Kenneth C. Sherwood
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 22:46:41 GMT

Looks like this one never made it through, first time around, so here it is
again for those who aren't me. :-)

-----

Byron Canfield wrote:

> As easy as they are to create in Flash, and as little as I (and many
> others, I suspect) use round-cornered rectangles, and as much programming
> as would be necessary to provide everybody's likes and dislikes (i.e.,
> radii control, axial proportional sizing, etc.), I'd rather Macromedia save
> on program bloat and put the effort into things that can only be provided
> by Flash, as there are at least three illustration packages, all providing
> formats importable as vectors into Flash, that can do round-cornered
> rectangles.

I agree.

I purchased Flash 3 and FreeHand 8 as a discounted package, and I might be
tempted to advocate that *anyone* who uses Flash 3 have FreeHand 8 at hand as
well.

On page 26 of the Flash 3 manual, MM (admittedly somewhat biased) tells us:

"Importing FreeHand Files: FreeHand is the best choice for creating vector
graphics for import into Flash. FreeHand exports layered images that are
recognized by Flash. You can exchange RGB or CMYK graphics between FreeHand 8
and Flash 3. To convert CMYK images to RGB with good color fidelity, import the
image into FreeHand and then export it as a Flash movie using the Convert
Colors to RGB option in FreeHand preferences. See the FreeHand Designers Center
on the Macromedia Web site for more information (at
http://www.macromedia.com/support/freehand/ )."

HTH.

Ken Sherwood

p.s. Before I get off my soapbox, do all the newbies know about the discussion
groups macromedia.flash, macromedia.freehand, macromedia.flash.sitedesign,
etc.? You can only access them via Macromedia (*not* via your NSP), so you have
to begin access by going to:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/general/ts/documents/tn3535-newsgroupfaq.html