Subject: FLASH: Systems Check: "IE4.0 Version 4.72.3110, SP1, Windows 98"
From: Daniel Votino
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 21:03:38 GMT

Purposal . . .

Alright, this may be a lame idea but I'll throw it our there anyhow.
This is sort of like the "age/sex check" you see in chat rooms on the net
only nobody cares about age/sex, all we care about is Flash!

So I was thinking perhaps we could all take a "in-house poll" of what we're
all currently running for our systems. This might make it real easy for
someone on the list to solicit comments from a particular user with a
certain setup they are unsure about, without submitting the URL to the
entire list. (not that that is a bad thing but sometimes we might not want
to for whatever reason).

Perhaps everyone could return an email that in the subject line went . . .

"FLASH: Systems Check: (browser, OS)"

Keeping these replies on file may provide a plethora of usefulness later . .
. or not . . yall can be the judge. (I know I dont have a Mac with any
version of IE or Netscape.)

So perhaps besides the subject line . . maybe we could also include the
following in the body, as per my own example below, just out of curiosity's
sake of course. ;)

1) OS: WIndows 98
2) Browser & Browser Version: IE4.0 Version 4.72.3110, SP1
3) Monitor Size: 20"
4) Screen Resolution: 1024 X768
5) Processor Speed: AMD 300 MHz
6) Connection Speed: T1