Subject: RE: Cross-Platform Cross Browser? (Web Safe Imaes)
From: Jean Dukate
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 17:36:39 +0100

Actaully this does bring up a good point. How many people design Flash
sites with the understanding of web safe colors? Some do some don't. I
never gave it much concern til one day I pulled up one of our sites at a
university library. All of their monitors had a lower resolution then
what I had created the images with. So what I saw was alot of the flat
colors areas had speckled looking color due to the lower res monitors
trying to simulate the color I picked. After that I realized that when
choosing flat colors it becomes very important to at least TRY to choose
web safe colors especailly when using falt color areas. Obviously images
that are made up of multiple colors are more challenging but flat colors
are easier to get within web safe range.

Colin Moock (list member) posted a tool a day or so ago that some may
find useful. I haven't had time to check it out myself.

http://colinmoock.iceinc.com/webdesign/colours/schememachine.html

My personal recommendation is this site.
http://www.lightlink.com/xine/bells/charts.html

It gives you all the info about web safe colors you'll need. Most
importantly there is areally nice RGB color chart. Click on the link
called Web Safe RGB table. After viewing the page I saved this single
html document to my desktop so I can easily bring it up in a browser
when choosing RGB values for flat colors inside Flash or when I build
any web graphic that has a flat color.