Subject: Flash3 Buttons
From: Larry_Newman
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 22:22:39 +0100

OK, I give up.

I'm new at this (obviously). I simply want to create a rollover button in
Flash3 and place it in my web site with Dreamweaver 1.2.

I have no problem creating the button in Flash3, but I can't get it to
perform the "get URL" on my site.

Here's what I have done: I created the button with the four states (normal,
mouse over, mouse down and selection area). On the mouse down state (frame
3), I want the browser to go another URL. I have tried using relative
address and actual address, even tried leaving the .swf file in the same
directory as the called URL. It still doesn't work. I suspect that I'm not
using the correct syntax for the URL.

Any help out there? Maybe an example of the actual text that goes in the
URL field?

Many thanks for putting up with a Flash3 newbie.

Larry