Subject: Re: WebTV wants to know: Flash 3
From: Jeff Bradshaw
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 15:57:10 +0100

John Lee wrote:

Hello from WebTV Networks.

For those designing entertainment-oriented, consumer or television related
web sites, I'd appreciate answers to the following questions. (Specific
answers help more than generalized answers.)

Hi John,
Jeff Bradshaw here, I'm the guy who put the CableData/ Microsoft  Flash presentation on WebTV for Bill Gates back in May for NCTA convention. I'm glad you're posting this here, because this really is "the home" of the Flash Guru's. If you've ever got a question about Flash, this is the place to post. I hope the nature of this poll is to find out how soon WebTV should support the sys upgrade to Flash3 standards...My 2¢, ASAP!!!!.  So much for name dropping and putting on airs. On with the poll

How important is Macromedia Flash to your web site today?
Very Important, I'm using it not only to deliver content but also to demo ideas
   How much will that change over the next 12 months?
Using it more
   Currently, do your sites use Flash for the following...
     - navigation (such as buttons)(Yes)
    - information content (Yes)
    - entertainment content(Yes)
    - non-critical graphics or design elements(Yes)

   Within 12 months will your sites use Flash for the following...
     - navigation (such as buttons)(Yes)
     - information content(Yes)
     - entertainment content(Yes)
     - non-critical graphics or design elements(Yes)

   By when will you replace Flash 2 with Flash 3 format/features? (Now)

   Which sites or projects can you tell us about that are Flash-dependent?

        http://gnat.uscs.com/webcsr/uscs.htm
Thanks to those who can provide some answers. You will help us make an
important decision.

Cheers,

John H. Lee
Interactive TV Guy @ WebTV Networks, Inc.