Subject: FLASH: Flash Processes and Procedures
From: Shaina Boone
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 20:31:03 +0100

We are currently in the process of writing a Flash Processes and
Procedures document to give to our clients and I was wondering what types
of procedures other webshops are using. I am looking for some response to
the random group of questions I have listed below. You do not have to
respond to all of them of course any help you give will be appreciated. If
anyone has ideas or suggestions I would be most thankful!

1. What is your approximate or standard timeline you propose to your
client to build an entire site in Flash? (I am aware that there are
thousands of possiblities so if anyone has url�s they can give with the
amount of time spent from start(design concepts) to finish (final testing)
that would probably be best.)

2. If you were to answer the question, "Why use Flash?" what would your
answer be?

3. With the release of Flash 4 how have you been telling your clients that
if they want these great new features MP3, video, ecommerce, etc., their
viewers will have to download the plug-in again?

4. We have a standard process we have been using to ensure the client a
perfect animation. It is composed of a few simple steps. After initial
client meetings and we are ready to begin creating the Flash content we
require all approved copy to be in our hands. Then we build a concept/
storyboard based on this copy. Once this is signed off on and approved
then we begin building the flash animation. About half way through we post
the animation just to make sure the client is aware of what we are doing
and at that time they are free to make changes. If the changes are deemed
"significant" the animator can request more time and the client can be
charged more where necessary. When we are finished it must be posted on
the final server for testing purposes.

The above is of course a simplified version of the process but it is the
basic steps. With that in mind I am wondering if anyone has a process
that is very different from this and if so would you please share.

Sincerely
Miss Boone