Subject: Re: FLASH: Minimizing Movie Size
From: Jefferis
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 22:24:42 +0100

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:15:21 -0400, Dorian Nisinson <dorianatbway [dot] net>
wrote:

Dorian,
could you please explain why this effect works?

I am wondering if I could have benefited from this technique in this
situation:
I created a ship in Freehand, and it was exported to Flash, but it
created 32 symbols in the process. I am not sure that what you are
describing would have reduced the symbols or the size of this major
graphic...

Jeff

>. If by any chance you are
>talking about the fla size try this:
>Copy frames and layers of just the vectorized artwork you created in
>Flash.
>open a new movie the same stage size as the original.
>paste frames in the new movie. the size reduction in terms of the Fla
>should be dramatic.
> If you are talking about file size of the swf, if is a bit more
>complicated. First, I would check each object in each frame with
>Modify/Curves/optimize to see if you were more complex in the tracing
>than you needed to be. After that it is harder to explain.
>
>Dorian

Peterson Sales
Web Design and Marketing
410 Woodland Ave.