Subject: Re: FLASH: Minimizing Movie Size
From: Dorian Nisinson
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 16:28:46 +0100

Hi Jefferies,
The first technique I mentioned only has to do with the file size of
the fla file. is this what you were referring to? I didn't see that it
was so maybe you could explain.
A techniques that can help with file size of a final file exported to
swf.
Go into each symbol and select each shape or line one at a time, then
select Modify/Curves/Optimise. Start at the highest level of
optimization and see how it looks. If it is too much, undo and try a
somewhat lower setting for optimize. This can be time consuming but it
can result in smaller file size.
I wasn't clear what you meant by 32 symbols. Is that one symbol for
each frame of the animation? Or is this one symbol for different
elements of the drawing? Is this drawing an animation or is the entire
ship being animated as a whole (movie clip or graphic)? As in moving
the ship along a path and/or giving it a rocking motion? What is the
final size of the swf?

Dorian

--

FLASHCENTRAL.COM * The Source for Flash Information *
http://www.FlashCentral.com/

Flash Tell Target Tutorial http://www.bway.net/~dorian/TTtutor.htm
The Flash Fortune Teller http://www.bway.net/~dorian/FortuneT.htm
Dorian Nisinson Design http://www.bway.net/~dorian
dorianatbway [dot] net (mailto:dorianatbway [dot] net)