Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash: Drag and Drop movie clips
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 22:39:29 +0100

Hi Ed,

> I am having trouble with the target function for drag movie clips. I am just
> working with a movie clip named Move, I gave it the same instance name, but
> in the instance definition I had to convert it to a button to enable me to
> give it the action. So I believe that the instance name no longer applies,
> Right?
That is correct. But that is not the corect way to do it.
You want to put a button inside your movie clip.
This new Drag and Drop Tutorial includes details as well as an FLA to
download.
http://www.FlashBible.com/Members/Drag/Drag.htm

> Any if I leave the target name blank the MC moves with no problem. I placed
> Move, /Move, ../Move in the target name and the image doesn't move.
> Could someone tell me what is the purpose for the target and how do I go
> about using it correctly?
If you create a movie clip and change its behavior to button and add a
drag operation, a strange thing happens the button actions act as if
applied to the frame and not the movie clip (it has no name and is not
acting like a movie clip anymore).