Subject: Re: FLASH: Embedding to HTML
From: Warren 'The Howdy Man' Ockrassa
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 18:13:37 +0100

"Bellach, Caroline" wrote:

> When creating flash to be used as a web page (to ultimately be embedded in
> html) does it matter what the measurements of the movie are?

Well, yes and no. You can set your flash file to display fullscreen, for
instance, which gives a very nice effect, or you can constrain it to a
specific size, which is great for such things as banners, navigation
bars and such.

> want to be able to see how it will look in the browser when I am working on
> it (rather than constantly publishing it).

You mean integrated into other content? Or do you mean instead running
standalone in the browser window? If the latter you should just be able
to drag your SWF file over the browser window and drop it to see it play
back in full screen mode for the browser window's current dimensions.

> For those of you who use flash on your pages, how do you do it, or what
> measurements do you use?

Personally I use trial and error and practice... ;) Doing it and seeing
what happens is the most effective way to pick it up, at least so it
seems to me.

Measurements... whatever suits your production. I don't think there are
any set rules there, but I could be wrong...

--
becker("digitalMedia").programmer[#senior] = "Warren Ockrassa"
http://www.beckerinc.com/ warrenatnightwares [dot] com (mailto:warrenatnightwares [dot] com)