Subject: FLASH: alignment is off after publishing
From: james
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 01:31:45 +0100

I've just noticed, after doing some very careful
alignment of button placement, hightlights, etc on an
graphic, that things don't line up once I publish to
HTML.

I'm using a GIF graphic and placing invisible
hotspots/buttons in certain areas. Works great...
and, in the flash environment, things line up great.
But, once I save/publish that SWF to my web site/page,
and pull it up in the browser, the alignment is a
pixel or two off.

Is it because I'm trying to line up with an imported
gif, due I need to snap to a grid or something, or any
other ideas? Is this common?

Now that I'm getting into flash, I don't think I'll
ever go back to screwing around with javascript and/or
DHTML. :)

Thanks!