Subject: Re: FLASH: projectors pc/mac
From: Michael@BTW
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 00:38:52 +0100

Mac Flash can't open wav files (for some stupid reason as most any other Mac
program that deals with sound can!). Probably you need to take the sound out
of the PC file (on the PC), save the soundless file, bring it to the Mac,
bring the wav over separately, convert the wav to an aiff (using QT pro or a
number of other converters available at MacDownload.com), re-import the
sound as an aiff.

Compressing the sound as mp3 should allow it to play fine on the Mac, though
Flash 4 doesn't import mp3, so your back to 1.

General notes on x-platform file transfers:

Network transfers work fine, we do it all the time here with this caveat:
Mac file have two parts w/as PC files have only one. Thus, if you open the
pc .fla on the Mac using 'open: all formats', they work fine, however you
may get errors if you try to open the file as a Flash file on the Mac, since
the second part telling the MacOS what kind of file it is is gone.

If the Mac has its 'File Exchange' control panel properly configured (file
type .fla mapped to Flash), it should recognize the .fla extension and open
the FLA normally.

PC zip disks also work fine here, though on occasion a zip on its way out
will cause file corruption and not be openable on the Mac (or the Mac may
have PC Exchange--which allows it to read ISO formatted disks turned off).

You can also email the flas compressed as .zip or .sit files, which Alladin
Stuffit can make and open on either platform.

Michael Penney
See Combat Footage from the West/An Tir War!
http://www.bigtimeweb.com/events/events.html