Subject: Re: "Loading..."
From: Dave Smith
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 18:46:01 GMT

Nag Champa wrote:

> How do I add a "loading..." indicator to appear before my flash animation
> appears? Should I add it at the beginning of the movie?
>
> Thanks
>
> Nag Champa Productions
> Michael Prichard Phone: (407) 678-0945
> chakraatao [dot] net

Hiya Mike,

If you want a loading symbol. create a tweening loading symbol that
animates so the viewer knows somethings loading.
Goto www.audiohost.com and read up on "wait for frame"

Wait for frame lets the larger images, sounds and background animations
load while the tweened "loading" symbol repeats itself on the same
frames
until back end has loaded.

Wait for frame is the answer. If you need a FLA model let me know.
It gives an illusrtation of how this works. audiohost.com has examples
however.

-DG-