Subject: Re: "Loading..."
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 22:50:05 GMT

Hi Joshua,
I agree there are many times that wait-for-frames are needed (I say
this all the time), all the reasons that Joshua mentioned are good
reasons to install wait-for-frames and there are more. In many cases,
you might want to use many wait-for-frames in a single movie to make
sure everything is prepared for various actions (more but smaller
waits).. What I said and re-emphasize there is no need to paint a Red
Flag that says 'YOU ARE WAITING', they may have to wait but it isn't
neccessary to tell them that are. I have many uses of wait-for-frame and
noone who isn't very Flash savvy (and connected by a paticularly slow
connection) would know that they encountered a wait-for-frame delay or
that they were in a holding patern unless they hit a complete web stall.
My older movies don't always make best use of wait-for-frames especially
since noone understood the posibilities or even how to use the
wait-for-frame properly at first including me.
As far as my telling Michael to put the wait-for-frame at the beginning,
that was in response to his '"loading..." indicator to appear BEFORE my
flash'. You must place a wait-for-frame event in chronological order
before the part of the movie for which you are creating the delay.

Where is the first wait-for-frame event at Flash Central??