Subject: Re: WOOHOO!!
From: Dave Smith
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 16:25:17 GMT

Wayne Townsend wrote:

> The client said "Ok, you can build the *whole* site in flash"
>
> :) WooHoo!
>
> http://www.cdmaonline.com/website
>
> Now, I have to make it work.
>
> Do you like this style or not?
>
> Most important...
> *I'm trying to project the feeling that the _site map_ navigates the site
> very quicky*.

Site is clean, quick and easy to navigate.
Problem is if you leave URL where cdmamov.swf is embeded (i.e. "press
release/read"). you return and the movie has to completely load again in
any browser beside I.E.3.0. This is where visitors will start to drop
off like flies.

This problem is due to the fact that any browser beside I.E.3.0 will not
cache .swf
files over a rediculas 64k(usual default).

This is a browser problem with a plug-in solution. It has been brought
up by
MM but has not been fixed in the newer version of the plug-in.

with this cache prob, any flash or dir file over 64k might as well be
thrown
out the door when used with quick loading, effective navigation systems.
this also destroys any creative designs by people who have mastered
"wait for frame" techniques.

MM needs to consider this problem a top priority fix in their next
release of the plug-in. Look at it this way. Until then, Shockwave
plug-in statistics out the door
They have to sart over on distribution of the new viewer. until this
problem is resolved. Unless that is all Flash users do is make fancy
animated banners. Which I dont think is worth the DL of a plug-in.

Wake up MM. This is a dire problem and shackles great designers from
creating effectively. The problem can be fixed. Its been stated by your
representatives and has been proved in other plug-ins.

Show me da money!
I want da qwan!!

-DG-

BTW wayne,

you have the same guy under 4 different alias in the "staff" section.