Subject: Unilever pull out of using Flash after paying for a Flashed Web site
From: Andrew Ayres
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:41:11 GMT

The huge company, Unilever, recently paid for the development of a Flash
Web site by NoHo in London, but then decided against using Flash in order
to cater for a lowest common denominator (including Netscape 1 !! and 386
users) - paying again for a non-Flashed site. They also had to cater for
Unilever India, which has a slow satellite link allowing only 3 concurrent
connections.

May be Unilever is a special case, but I want to be able to counter-argue
Unilever's decision to my own corporate clients who may question their own
use of Flash after watching the UK TV program "The Net" (broadcast on BBC
last night) which documented the problems faced by Unilever's first use of
streaming media.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Andrew