Subject: Re: Can't install Dreamweaver (was: digest #)
From: John Dowdell
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 14:49:17 GMT

At 6:43 AM 3/11/98, Lee Rickler wrote:
>I haven't been able to install dreamweaver !!
>I, like everyone else d/l and installed the demo and after a while
>it expired. Fine.
>Then I went and bought a copy but when I tried to install it all I
>got was a "This product has timed out" kinda message.

Something's definitely wrong. The shipping version on CD does not have any
of the timeout code at all. Be sure to uninstall previous versions before
doing an actual install of a shipping version.

If you purchased online, then contact Release Software if there's
difficulty initializing it through an instant electronic purchase.

The big problem we have with the online purchases right now is that the
tryit/buyit implementation from Release is *very* sensitive to changes in
the system clock, and this has led to some premature timeouts on
unpurchased copies.

But if you've bought it, then you should *definitely* expect immediate
satisfaction on it. If it's a CD then please call Macromedia Tech Support
directly; if it's an online purchase then please call Release Software.
We've got to get this fixed.

jd

Private email options: http://www.macromedia.com/support/priority.html
Online savvy: http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=netiquette