Subject: Re: Flash in a 1.54Mbps world?
From: Dave Smith
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 02:52:46 GMT

Shawn Anderson wrote:

> >DG wrote:
> This also brings up another interesting question. Will Director
> >phase out Flash at 1.5?

> Why is that that noone sees that Flash and Director are completely
> different beasts????

Uh, because they already compliment each other.

BTW, Is this an example of a question answering a question?<g>

Actually anything done in Flash _CAN_ be done in director 6 but not with
the
use of vector animation and streaming capabilities which gives designers
much more
efficient capabilities when designing for 28.8 bps. However at 1.5 mps
the
use for this efficiency is questionable. Therefore so is the technology.

So are they 2 different beasts?

A lot of replies about my earlier post throw DSL(lite) tech out the
door,
stating, "dont worry about it, DSL is years away". when it might be alot
closer
than some think. Only a fool is blind from seeing future applications.

Luck is nothing more than opportunity meeting preparation.

-DG-

The opinions above are solefully the viewpoints of just one part of my
mind and are not in anyway represented by the rest of my mind or body.