Subject: Vbscipt for IE4 and 3
From: David Jackson
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 01:48:23 +0100

G'day

I am a novice VBscript user writing a detection script and I need help.
I am trying to detect if a user has the macromedia active
control installed and if they do not have the control send the user to a
different page instead of downloading the control automatically. But the
script does not want to work with IE3. Can someone help iron out the
problem

Here's the complete code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Test Script</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY>

<script language="VBScript">
<!-- Hide code from non VBScript Browsers
If IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash"))
Then
self.location = "http://www.comcen.com.au/~jacko/kings/splash.htm"
else
self.location = "http://www.comcen.com.au/~jacko/kings/non.htm"