Subject: Re: Vbscipt for IE4 and 3
From: todd levin
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 16:35:53 +0100

weird.

we have been having the same problem here and were temporarily convinced
that macromedia's own shockrave site could successfully detect for active-x
in IE 3.0. however, through testing their site and the site we are
developing, we found that the VBSCRIPT doesn't accurately detect in IE3.

still haven't found the RIGHT solution. in the time being, as an
alternative, we can at least detect for the existence of the IE3 browser and
send the user to a verify page. if they indicate that they have the plugin,
by clicking on a specific link in the verify page, we can cookie them and
avoid sending them through the detection/verify process again.

but that is long. has anyone seen this VBSCRIPT solution actually work in
IE3.0?