Subject: RE: Shockwave Licensing Petition - shockwave *is* free!
From: Robert Koberg
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 17:01:47 +0100

I think you misunderstood what I am saying. First let me say that I don't know if this is legal and basically I am more curious than anything. Let me try an example to help clarify:

Let's say I develop multimedia content. Let's also say that I have a huge client that wants to use Flash on their INTRANET. Most of the client machines do not have web access. So we will need to distribute the control/plugin to the all the clients internally.

------What I understand is that at this point we need to pay macromedia------------

But if we sign up to license Microsoft Internet Explorer, from Microsoft, we will be able to distribute the Flash/Director control without having to pay Macromedia. Anyone can sign up to distribute IE4 (for free).

Thanks, Rob